Following the presentation of the 2017 budget today by the President, it has been disclosed that the Economic plan for the budget is focused on ‘Economic Recovery and Growth Plan’.
One of its cornerstones is promoting local content and empowering local businesses and key capital spending provisions in the Budget include the following
• Transportation: N262 billion;
• Power, Works and Housing: N529billion;
• Special Intervention Programmes: N150 billion.
• Defence: N140 billion;
• Water Resources: N85 billion;
• Industry, Trade and Investment: N81 billion;
• Interior: N63 billion;
• Education N50 billion
• Universal Basic Education Commission: N92 billion
• Health: N51 billion
• Federal Capital Territory: N37 billion;
• Niger Delta Ministry: N33 billion; and
• Niger Delta Development Commission: N61 billion;