“Over 8 Million Voters Were Disenfranchised In The South East” – Peter Obi Says #NigeriaHasDecided

Peter Obi

The vice-presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Peter Obi has alleged that many voters in the South Eastern part of Nigeria were disenfranchised.

Obi, who cited irregularities in the presidential election, accused the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) disenfranchised “over 8 million” registered voters.

He made this submission while addressing journalists at his Onitsha residence on Tuesday, noting that only 20 percent of voters south-east voters cast their votes.

The former governor of Anambra state claimed the presidential election was “systematically planned” to ensure the zone did not “participate fully” in the exercise.

READ: “Yes, I Was Harassed Yesterday!” – Peter Obi Confirms Harassment Of PDP Chieftains By Security Operatives

He also doubted the authenticity of the results in Yobe and Borno states — which were won by President Muhammadu Buhari– over the Boko Haram insurgency rocking the region.

“You will recall that on the election day I said that the process was clumsy and we also had major problem of card readers and most people could not vote,” he said

“When over 400,000 Card Readers got burnt it became clear that something was wrong somewhere and INEC could not save the situation and they will not allow people to vote manually.

“But in some other parts of the country people are allowed to vote manually and it was accepted by the electoral body.

“How can you tell me that a state like Yobe and Borno produced the number of voters that is higher than Anambra and Ebony states put together? The two states are areas that have been at war and I wonder how they got card readers that are working so well despite the war situation that they found themselves?”

The PDP is trailing behind the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the presidential election results in states announced so far.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: